Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 26 years old, I am officially retiring from teaching after 2 1/2 years of service or babysitting whatever you prefer to call it (hee hee...not very long!). I am blessed to have an AWESOME LOVING husband who understands that I need to be home with our baby girl. It helps that we are moving to Blanding in two weeks for me not to work still in AZ but I get to stay home forever in Blanding until we are as broke as a joke...which may happen.

Today has been my first day home...it has been everything that I ever dreamt about! I loved doing the dishes this morning and listening to Aspyn playing and talking to herself in the other room. We had a great babysitter who adored Aspyn but it SO NICE to be able to live first hand what my baby does instead of over the phone on my break.

Thanks honey for letting me stay home! You really are the most amazing man in the world!

Slick willy!
Tyler got Aspyn ready for bed and this is what he had done to her when he was finished! SO FUNNY!!!!!

7 comments:

mmhamblin said...

I've been thinking about you today! I'm so excited for you! Grayce keeps asking when Aspyn is coming over.

Jenn C. said...

Congrats on your retirement! Good luck on your move.

Rydgd said...

Being a mom is the GREATEST job EVER!! Enjoy it! And I love the nerdy do...so sweet! Tyler missed his calling...he should have been a stylist. He has a gift.

Brenden+Nikki said...

YAY Congrats! Lacey Ivins I swear if you don't call me before you guys leave I will be SO mad at you. Collin wants to say goodbye to his belly buddy.

Stephanie Shumway said...

yay! Isn't it awesome!? Love the baby pics- too cute!

Staci said...

I'm so happy for you! Being a stay at home mom is the best thing in the world! We thought of you guys when we were driving through Blanding. One day we will visit you on your ranch!

michelle rasor said...

i was an even earlier retiree! welcome to the club! i'm so, so happy for you!! i never thought you'd come back! you were stronger than i thought! :) {and i know you made the right decision in the end!}