Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Went from an "IT" to a....





A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so thrilled. On Monday, I had an ultrasound appointment at the hospital. It was my big anatomy scan. Tyler had to be to Moab for a golf tourney thing that was scheduled months in advance. We were bummed that he couldn't be there and I was determined that we would find out together what we were having.

At the ultrasound, I ask the tech to tell me to close my eyes each time we went "down there." She was as excited about me not finding out and writing it down on a paper, sealing the envelope and opening it later as I was. No, there is a clause in that cause I WASN'T EXCITED!!!! I can't even buy a freaking birthday present and not want to call them and tell them what it is from the check out line. THAT'S HOW MUCH I CAN'T WAIT FOR SURPRISES!!!!!!!!! But I was going to wait, cause Tyler was sad he couldn't be there and I wanted to know together. So the tech was like OK, we are going down there close your eyes. A second later, she said the baby's legs are crossed. I was like WHAT!!!! She said..oh, I don't give up easy. Then like a minute later, she was scanning around and all of a sudden she screamed CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!! It scared me so bad that I immediately did. I didn't see any thing. Phew. We went through the session with me closing my eyes when she would say OK we are going down there or just yell out close your eyes. I did it. I went 35 minutes without seeing what the baby was. I was so proud! She came back with an envelope that she made sure I wasn't going to be able to see into. She doubled the paper and everything. Hahaha!

I came home cause the ultrasound was in Monticello. I took the envelope up to DeAnn's cause I know better of myself. I had to wait for 5 HOURS!!! YES!!!! 5 HOURS!!!!! It was horrid. I made it though. I met Tyler up at Ivins and we opened it together.

I don't know what this tech was thinking if she just only had the color of paper or if she was trying to through us off. But we open it and see a white paper. Then we start to open the folded part and out appears A BLUE FREAKIN PAPER!!!! I said to myself...crap. It's not that I don't WANT a BOY but BOYS SCARE ME A LITTLE!!!!! hahaha... Tyler opened the letter and I had to read it TWO times before I screamed with happiness, giddiness, delight...you name it. I wanted another girl and that is what I am getting!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyler proceeded to throw the paper on the ground, stomped on it and said we're not sure that is what it is till it comes out!!! Whatever.

Later that night, he was wrestling with Aspyn and she started pawing the ground like a bull ready to charge and then charged Tyler. He was laughing so hard, he said if this other girl is anything like Aspyn we can HAVE ALL GIRLS!!!!! I was like that's right baby!!!!

Tyler and I are really excited!!!!!! He even said so himself later while we were in bed. He wouldn't trade Aspyn for the world and neither would I! So here we come a family of girls...for the moment!!!!!!

4 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

aw what a fun way to find out! (I've been blog stalking waiting for the story ha ha).

And when you finally do get your boy I PROMISE you'll love him. There are just some special strings that little boys pull on their mama's hearts. (I mean of course little girls do to, but in a different way).

But I'm excited you got what you wanted :). I admire you, if I had a house full of girls I think I would cry. My little Elle is enough for me. :)

Reed & Melinda Family said...

How fun and exciting! Jen told me and we are so happy for you guys!

N+M Family said...

Congratulations! Boys are easier but girls are funner to dress.

Blackwell said...

Well congrats ;o) when we found out about Lily I wanted to wait till xmas which was like a week so you would have never made it that long! Haha...