Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Seriously...What?!

Last Wednesday, a week ago, Aspyn kept saying this word all day. It was perplexing to me all day. I couldn't figure out what she was trying to say or what she was saying for exact positive. It resembled something so close that I kept thinking no, she can't be saying that, she doesn't know that word. The next morning, Tyler, I and Aspyn were eating breakfast and Aspyn busted the word out again. Tyler says, did Aspyn just say Lacey? I kind of frantically replied, is that what it sounds like to you? He said yes. I told him she had been saying it all day the day before, but I wouldn't come to grips with it because ONE: when has she ever heard me called that? I mean everybody obviously calls me by my name but Tyler who is she around the most only calls me Hun or Babe. Like seriously, I can count on 2 hands the amount of times Tyler has called me Lacey our whole marriage. And TWO: how in the world did she associate my name Lacey to me? She calls me mom, mommy or momma. So that WHOLE day and the day after, every time she needed to talk to me I heard LACEY! I had to REMIND HER my name was Mommy. Seriously, it put me in panic mode. I thought, now she is going to think she doesn't need to call me mom or I won't hear momma again for the rest of my life and/or I have lost the adult/upper hand battle now that my 21 month old just calls me Lacey. I was telling Kathryn my dilemma and she brought up that Adison just calls me Lacey and I am pretty much her favorite person so I get called Lacey a lot by Adison. That has GOT TO BE where Aspyn figured out I go by Lacey other than mom, mommy, momma, Hun or Babe to everyone else in this world. So it took a few days for me to say my name is mommy, rather than Lacey to Aspyn. This week as been a little bit better. She will call me mom or mommy and if I haven't responded with a yes? or what? after the 2nd-3rd time or not fast enough in the impatient eyes of a 21 month old, I hear LACEY!!!! It is a little amusing but SERIOUSLY, WHAT?!?!?! my TWENTY-ONE MONTH OLD CALLS ME LACEY!!!!!! It is sweet how she says my name though. It sounds more like "lis-eey."

3 comments:

The Simmons' said...

That is hilarious! Easton went through a phase where he called us Mom Holli and Daddy Earl I think those poor little guys get confused why everyone else calls you something different than they do.

Janice Twitchell said...

kagen just started calling me Janice (daaa-nice!) too! It's so weird! Hopefully they both pass this phase quick cuz I get sick of reminding him and I miss hearing "mommy." kind of funny though!
p.s. your yard in the previous post is beautiful. wish I had your green thumb!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

That is so funny at least it wasn't a bad word she was saying!