Monday, July 11, 2011

7.4.11

We had a great 4th of July this year. I was super lazy and didn't take many pictures. I just wasn't feeling it this year. We partied for 4 straight days which is always fun and Tyler was able to spend all of the 4th with us so we were lucky! :)

Of course we kicked off the festivities with Midnight Madness. Ivins put together a team. Our record was 2-2 and finished playing about 3:30.

On Saturday, Michael and Michele took us boating. We had a ton of fun! I left Aspyn with Grandma DeAnn so Tyler and I had a little mini date, plus I didn't want Aspyn to drown so I just thought it was better she stayed home.

On Sunday, we BBQ-ed at David and Summer's. We had A TON of food and lots of people (all Ivins and summer's family were present). It is always fun to have a summer BBQ.

On Monday, we went to the parade. Aspyn had a ton of fun running into the road to pick up the candy. After the parade, we went and watched Tyler play in a volleyball tourney for a little while. By 1:30, Aspyn was completely toast so I came home while she had a good nap. I sat right in front of the fan for the two hours cause it was so dang hot! After the nap, Aspyn thought a nice dip in the pool would suffice so she climbed in. When Tyler got home, he thought the same idea was appealing so he jumped in fully clothed and played with Aspyn. After a yummy scout dinner, we polished off the night with an awesome display of city fireworks. At the first of the show, they started off with a big bang. Aspyn was sitting with Kathryn and Shawn's family and here she came a running. She didn't like the sound. About 10 minutes into it, she started pointing at the fireworks and saying "pretty!" Then she would bounce around to all of the family telling them "pretty!" By the end of the firework show, she was clapping at every single firework that went off yelling PRETTY!!!! It was fun to see her enjoying them. What a great 4th! Always love it in Blanding. I am telling you, the small towns put on the best 4th of July celebrations!

Aspyn in cute 4th get up.
I wanted to take a picture in our 4th of july gear, Aspyn only wanted to crouch too so this is what we got.
Had to put baby in there. This picture is 28 1/2 weeks along.
Hanging in the pool
Tyler thought throwing water at Aspyn was funny, but she had the hose and got him good!
Then Tyler thought it would be funny to go and turn off the hose. Then he would ask Aspyn where the water went so when she went to "look for it" he would turn the hose on real high and squirt her. What a mean trickster of a daddy.
I had to put this picture on because she has the same face as my brother does when she/he is concentrating. They have the same "look." Both furrow their eyebrows, open their mouths and stick out their tongues ever so slightly. It cracks me up every time because when I see Aspyn's face, I see David's face too.

No comments: