We shipped our calves off on the 20th. I think shipping day may be my recurring best day ever out of the year. I love seeing those calves being loaded up on the trucks and waving goodbye. Not because I am an animal hater and I don't like to think about what happens to those calves later on in their lives but its because we finally get our dad back and life returns to some kind of normalcy.
We had a good day. Things went smoothly and for the most part, I think Tyler and Shawn were pleased with the outcome. Here are a few pictures of shipping day.
I never dreampt in a million gazillion years that one day my two year old little girl would turn to me as we were getting ready to load up and go find dad on the mountain and say "mom, I wanna go chase cows with dad and rope um!" For real? What 2 year old little girl wants to go rope cows for fun? Mine does and I love it. She kept asking and asking, so Tyler saddled his horse and took her for a ride on "Deeps" (Deets) as Aspyn calls him to get the truck rather than me just taking him in the truck to get his truck. He was so proud that his little girl would want to go chase cows with dad and rope um...were her exact words.
I don't know who is more happier to be on the horse..Tyler or Aspyn?!
A beautiful day for a horse ride
This cow decided to escape. All the cowboys were in a scramble.
All the people doing their jobs
The boss men...TEI and SKI.
Don't they look official with their prodding sticks
The cousins that were there...Carson, Keaton, Adison, Jake, Davis and Aspyn. They had fun playing in the leaves.
Kathryn, Payton and me
Just conversing about our calves and their weights. My job is to record all the calves and weights for our buyer. Kathryn's job is to get the correct weight and the bossman's jobs are to get the calves sorted and on the scales and on to the trucks
Me and Ty...we look pretty happy don't we?!
1 comment:
Would I have ever thought this would be your life? Not in a million years... but it sure fits you well! You and Tyler are the cutest thing ever! I am so proud of you and the women you are! Your babies are beautiful! I am so happy for you! I love you and miss you like crazy Miss! Oh... and that pic of Tyler and Aspyn on the horse should win a prize! BIG HUG!
Post a Comment