Yesterday, I was feeding McCoy when I saw my front entry way table going
down in a blaze of glory. I knew what it meant...so I jumped up as fast
as I could and set McCoy down on the couch as gentle as a mother can
"throw" her newborn and ran over to pick up Chez laying on the floor
with the table on top of her foot. She was screaming cause the table weighs about 50 pounds laying on top of her foot. I picked her up with her screaming and crying and me crying and Aspyn was trying to console McCoy all the while asking me what was wrong. Within 20 seconds, Chezney's foot was swollen huge and already black, so I knew something was wrong. I called the doctor's office, but the doctor there had already left so they told me to take her to Monticello to the ER. That did me in. I have never taken any of our kids to the ER or ever had anything happen that I needed to do something quick. It was very traumatizing for me. I called Tyler bawling. Then I called Michele, cause she was on her way down to see where she was...but she was only south of Moab. So I called my neighbor whose husband is another doctor. She came over immediately and was like I think you should take her in too. Then I started crying all over again! I was a hot mess. Andrea took Aspyn and Nicole took McCoy. I have never driven so fast to Monticello than I did yesterday.(I don't know why I did...Chez slept the whole time)
I stopped to show Tyler cause he couldn't leave the golf course to go with me to the hospital. Michele pulled up just as I was backing out. I got there to the hospital and Michele got there soon after. The doctor came in and looked at it saying lets do x-rays. We did x-rays and oh boy did Chez hate it! The results came in and she had broken the bone where the foot and the pinkie toe connect. Also she has chipped a tiny piece of bone off. The doctor called an Orthopedic surgeon to see what to do...but he said do nothing. The bone should start healing in 8 days and the whole thing should be healed totally in 3 weeks. We have an appt next week with the Orthopedic surgeon to follow up with him.
We got home from the hospital and Chez wouldn't budge off of the couch. This little girl turned into a demanding-yelling-ordering around drill sergeant from the couch. It was quite comical. She wanted to play with Aspyn's goggles so I only thought this picture was perfect to go with this weirdo of a child. :)It's her right foot.
Telling everyone what to do while she manned the couch.
Today, she started walking around 11 am. She would only walk on her heel and then rotate her whole foot so it was turned upwards to the right and then walk. She started to run and jump on it by late afternoon while holding it up and not putting pressure on it still but then tonight she was putting it on the floor completely(it didn't look like she was still applying lots of pressure to it, but her whole foot was flush with the floor). We will see what tomorrow brings. But for now...its still swollen, still purple, still hurts, still broken and Chez is STILL milking it for all its worth...which she should...she is too smart not to.






1 comment:
Yikes! :( A mama's worst fear. But she looks like a tough one :). And that pic of her in the goggles is ADORABLE.
Post a Comment