Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Electrical done. Doors hung. Windows in.






Seriously, our house is flying. The last two days (today counting as one of those days) I have counted 3 different crews working on our house. As much as I complained about how slow things were, things now are going so fast I can hardly keep up with it. Aspyn and I go to our house at least 3-4 times every day just to check up on it or see what has been done. It is so fun to watch! The plumbing and electrical are done for now. It took the electricians to wire the whole house 1 1/2 days. The doors are hung. The windows are in. The roofing people came to roof the outside perimeter of the roof so they can do the stucco and the rock next week. The insulation people are coming Friday to insulate and then sheet rock next week! Insane!!!! We had an inspection today and so far, so good. We have caught a few things that have changed a little or a few mess up that were changed real quickly but other than that...no big problems or screw ups. We can't be happier! Our foreman is SUPER nice and so adaptable so that makes it easy to work with. I swear I ask him 30 questions every time I see him, but he is awesome so its great. Yeah!

3 comments:

Brook and Jen said...

You have got to be literally a builders worst nightmare! 3-4 times a day!!! Just teasing! It is fun to watch all the steps that go into your house. And i like the step by step pictures. Keep them coming!

Janice Twitchell said...

You're so smart to be taking pics of everything. That way if you have a question on where some electrical stuff is, then you know exactly where in the wall. and the plumbing is good to do that too. I've had quite a few friends hubbies cut or nail holes through their plumbing! The inside work seems to go the slowest. Like finishing stuff. Not my fav. But you guys will be in so soon! can't wait to see the stucco and rock!

Hadley's said...

Congrats on the new house! Looks like a fun project!