Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had a great Halloween this year. It was fun because Aspyn is old enough to some what grasp the concept of it all so Tyler and I had fun with her. We started off with the annual pumpkin carving night and ended with some trick or treating!
Mom gutting out the pumpkins. Tyler kept saying that it was gross and sick so Aspyn kept saying it too. She would run past me growling siiick and grrosss! I started chasing her with the pumpkin guts in my hand and she would get scared and run to dad. Hahaha
Dad carving the pumpkins
I took Aspyn to the college carnival. She got her fingers painted and boy was she a happy camper.
Cute sisters!
Aspyn entertaining Chezy
Sweet girl!
Lighting the pumpkins
Not good pics but this is what we got.

Soooo....This is how our actual Halloween started. I put on Aspyn's Snow White costume. Within 27 seconds, she was trying to rip it off saying...Mom, don't wan it! Mom, don't wan it!!! She was trying with all her might.
She finally got part of it off. I was trying to chase her to put it back on and thought to grab the camera. I finally convinced her to wear the stupid costume after saying that she wouldn't get candy without a dress on and that Adison (her bestie) was wearing her costume. She was sold.
My beautiful snow white and my mad skeleton ballerina
The girls
Tyler with Aspyn trick or treating. She was real shy at the first house and slowly warmed up with each house.
I loved loved walking with Aspyn to trick or treat. I felt like I had "arrived" into motherhood because I had a little one old enough to walk around trick or treating with. Aspyn was so pumped and loved walking and eating candy from one door to the next. Good night for Aspyn babe.

Two funny stories: Aspyn didn't at ONE house say Trick or Treat when the person answered the door. She would just stand there and look at them or get all shy and wait for the person to just give her the candy. We tried and tried to get her to say Trick or Treat at the first but she wouldn't do it. We had practiced ALL day! Anyway, once she had the candy secure in her bucket, she would turn to walk away. 50% of the time she would say thank you! the other 50%, we would say What do you say? And then she would say thank you! After the thank you, it was like she wasn't shy anymore and she would go bounding off the stairs or run down the side walk yelling TRICK OR TREAT!!!!! So funny.

The other story, we went from Justin and Steph's house and walked to Grandma Randall's (Steph's mom and dad). Aspyn would say trick or treat much to my coaxing and Callie's. Aspyn finally got her loot and was turning around ready to leave when Tyler came running up to us saying did you say it? did you say it? Aspyn yells I got it!!!! Meaning I got the candy, I am outta here! She starts jumping down the stairs trying to bail ready for the next house. We were laughing so hard. Then she yells tank you! and starts bounding like a deer yelling trick or treat! trick or treat!
Besties...this picture makes me laugh because Aspyn is totally posing and has a "pageant" smile as my dad calls it.
I had to get a picture of this. I pulled Chezney out of her car seat and Keith gave me a double take look. After his eyes adjusted...he exclaims to me I thought you pulled a doll out of that chair! It was Chezney. He immediately wanted to see her and love her so I had to get a picture of it all. Love Grandpa Keith

No comments: