Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Branding 2012

It's that time of year again! Last weekend, Broken I branded 161 calves. It was a good day, lots of work accomplished and our husbands can sleep a little better. The grind has begun...again.
Part of the crew
The other part of the crew...the calves
We love cousins!
Jessie was sweet enough to take Aspyn out for a ride. Aspyn was DYING to ride. So her dreams were accomplished on this day.

Some of the little babies
The bossmen
The ground crew
Love these little cowboys for working so hard to rope the calves to help the big cowboys out.
Working hard

The cheerleaders

Everyone gets in on the action
Even Justin, broken leg and all. He was DYING!
So he took it upon himself to help out as much as he could. He ear marked for us. It was entertaining to watch him get around and complete his job.
Sitting on a calf. I don't know which one looks for scared/nervous...the calf or Aspyn?

Tyler wanted to have Aspyn sit on a calf. She FREAKED. FREAKED is not the right word. She had a come apart. She was born into the wrong family. No, I think she will grow out of it like she did with her hatred towards horses.
Aspyn not so sure, but Dad was pretty happy to have his girl there with him.
Talking her through it. Telling her the calf was OK.
We had a little hot dog roast for lunch.
All the girlies
I turned a movie on for Aspyn so I could go help for a while after lunch. I came back a little while later thinking she was zonked out. Well, I found this. She had gone through every compartment in the truck and pulled everything out and was testing it with my shades on. She was pretty proud.
She wanted to drive too. :)

No comments: