*Aspyn woke up coughing on Friday and was running a fever of about 100 F. She was still pretty happy. But I could tell it was coming. By Friday night, it had come. She was about 102 F. On Saturday, we had Doc Watkins funeral to go to so Heidi Pilling watched our kids. I felt so bad dropping our kids off to her especially both of them sick, but we had to go to the funeral. So Aspyn has a fever of 103 at this point. It never broke till Monday morning. We gave her so much Tylenol, Advil and Ibuprofen, I am sure the kids will be drugged for life just to break her fever. We gave her a blessing. On Monday, it was down to 100.5 so that was good. By Monday evening, she hasn't had the fever and hasn't had it at all the rest of the week. I took both kids into the doctor. Aspyn's prognosis: bad ear infection. Gave her some antibiotics...no penicillin for she is allergic to Penicillin so they gave her Azithromycin. Well, by Wednesday after two doses, she broke out into a bad bears rash! So now, she is off the antibiotic and we are drugging her up with Benadryl and Zyrtec to try and take care of the rash. I have an appointment on Monday to see if her ear cleared up or not and to see if she is allergic to that medicine. LAME! I hate it so bad.
* Then for Miss Chezney, she woke up coughing on Friday and her cough was WAY worse then Aspyn's. It made me pretty nervous only because she is so tiny. Chezy never really had a fever throughout the weekend. It stayed at 99.5 all weekend. So Monday, I took her in and we listened to her lungs, took her oxygen and looked at her ears and throat. Doc said everything looked and sounded great. Her lungs were a little iffy, but still OK. Her oxygen was 95 so that was good. She said I want to do an RSV test. I got nervous cause what mom kind of mom wants to hear that. Well, anyway, did the test and she came back in to say Chezney has RSV. HOLY CRAP!!!! I cried. I thought now what the freaking hospital, but since her stats were good, I took her home. I took her back Wednesday and they were still great. She did have a lousy Monday and Tuesday, but Dr. Black thinks and now that I can see hindsight, she peaked about Tuesday/Tuesday night. Those were her rough days. She coughed a lot, no snot which was so good. It told us how bad her RSV was, so really she had a very mild case, but still SCARED me to death! She cried, but it wasn't her normal cry. She was too weak to cry so she just softly whimpered. She was never content sleeping on Tuesday night, so she woke up a lot. She never really ate. The most she ate was about 3 ounces every 3-5 hours. She just didn't want it. On Wednesday at the Doctor, she was a little dehydrated, but not bad. It was sad. She slept A TON!!! It's like she slept it off. Tonight as I was getting her ready for bed (Thursday) she was pretty much back to her old self. She wanted the attention and when she got it, she started laughing, which I haven't heard for a week. I was missing that that's for sure and when she cried cause I left her for a second, oh she let me know man! I was so happy to see my old Chezy Cheesecake back! I am so thankful that someone was watching out for us. This could have been a lot worse, but it wasn't.



***Funny Story: On Monday at the doctor, I was trying to pack up to leave. I had to get Chezney dressed and put her back in her car seat etc. etc. Well, in order to entertain Aspyn while we were waiting for the RSV test results, I gave her my chapstick. That kept her occupied for like 4 minutes, but long enough. Well, I put Chezney in her carseat, strapped her in (THANK GOODNESS!!!!!) All that time, a whole 40 seconds pasted by and Aspyn had thrown my chapstick in the garbage. So I got Chez in and turned around to fish out my chapstick from the garage. I literally was right there cause the room was so small. Anyway, I hear this little whistle and a loud slam on the floor along with a shooting pain up my leg. I realized Chezney had fallen off the chair. Oh my I lost it. Well, my losing it of course is to yell some profanity, so I said or yelled it rather Son of a B#t*h! as I am turning around thinking I just killed my small child no less in the doctors office. SOO...Chezney is crying frantically cause she just free fell 2 1/2 feet and I am sure for a 6 month old is a LITTLE scary so I am picking her up and as fast as I can taking her out. I picked her up and was trying to console her, when I finally realized what Aspyn was saying. "Son of a B#t*h!" "Son of a B#t*h!" I was trying to settle Chez down, so I didn't say anything to her right then. Thankfully Chezney was strapped in, oh my gosh, oh I thank the heavens for that one. So as I am listening to my 2 1/2 year old repeat my phrase while I am trying to settle Chez down, I was amazed slightly that she was saying it in the "right tone with the emphasis on the right words" Aspyn was even saying it angrily and like she was frustrated. So after I settled Chez down, I was telling Aspyn to stop saying it, but seriously trying so HARD not to laugh. It was too stinkin funny!!!!! And how could I tell her it was naughty to say, after I just said it 13 seconds ago. So she finally stopped saying it after like 9 times. I still am laughing about it now as I type this. Tyler didn't think it was as funny as I did...but hey! he wasn't there! :). I am just glad Chezney is OK and that Aspyn hasn't repeated it again. But seriously, that is some funny stuff.
2 comments:
Hey Miss! I was blog stocking around and found you, I'm adding you to my list of blogs! You're girlies are gorgeous!!
I'm sorry your kids have been sick, but you make me laugh. :)
Post a Comment