Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My dad...

Richard Lewis Griffin 
July 8, 1950 - November 21, 2012

Husband to Teresa Matthews Griffin
Father to David Griffin and Lacey Ivins
Son to Lewis and Jean Griffin
Older brother to 6 brothers and 1 sister
Father in law to Chantell Griffin and Tyler Ivins
Grandfather to Maddison, Jaxton, Aspyn, Brynlee, Chezney and Baby boy Griffin

Dad loved Gardening, being a green thumb, horses and animals, outdoors, watching any sort of sport, being as cheap as possible, dreaming up what his next project will be or what they will change, watching TV, traveling, teasing relentlessly, his testimony in the church, telling stories (mostly the same over and over) and his family.

Dad, I will you miss you always. I am so lucky to have learned from you. You taught me life skills that I can never replace. You taught me how to raise my family aligned to our Savior Jesus Christ and His principles. You taught me hard work and hard play. You taught me to live my life without regrets. Thank you doesn't sound like enough but my message to you is simple. I thank you. I love you. I am proud of you and I will miss you. But...I know you're in a better place, in a body without disease or illness. Slay it up in Heaven for us and look down on us from time to time. Love you forever.







 There was no way to choose between hundreds of pictures, so we get just a few.

 

No comments: