Monday, January 28, 2013

Vegas - NFR 2012

Keith and DeAnn gave all the grown up Ivins' adults a trip to Las Vegas to go watch the National Finals Rodeo in Vegas. It was so so so so fun! Thanks to Taylor and Stacy for taking our kids. I didn't worry about them one time and it was so nice to get away and enjoy some adult time in Sin city! 

We started out the trip by smacking a deer about 45 minutes outside of Blanding going 85 mph. That was delightful. We saw the deer literally 1.7 seconds before we swerved to try and miss it. Luckily, we swerved enough to get out of its way from hitting it square on so it just got my side. David and Summer were with us when it happened, so we drove back to Blanding and jumped in their truck and they drove. The truck was better suited anyway..we were in fact going to a rodeo no less. Not TOO much in damage, but still a pain in the freakin butt and $5,000 grand later.
I didn't want to take my big camera, and I have wanted to get a littler camera for events like this but haven't yet. So be forewarned all these pictures are mostly cell phone pictures and a few stolen from Nicole...thanks by the way...but hey we at least have documentation.



In all the times going to Vegas, this was our first time to see "the sign."

All them cowboys!

Oh how we had SOOOO much fun!

Seriously...I look SO incredibly fat...I can't help but laugh esp in this picture...bad angle or I should go on a diet.


Some how we found a mechanical bull and oh my did our cowboys think they were real "cowboys"



Our hotel room was sweet. We over looked the strip and had a perfect view of the water show.


 Thanks Keith and DeAnn!!!! Besides the NFR, Tyler going wild crazy buying up clothes at the outlets, sleeping/vegging out and eating amazing food...we checked out the Titanic artifact collection. For obvious reasons, we weren't aloud to take pictures...but it was the coolest thing ever!

No comments: