Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Half a year baby!!!!

I am an entire month late on getting this post on the blog, but I did take the pictures on his actual day...so they are accurate. 
McCoy is the happiest, easy going, low maintenance, and chill little friend. Such a blessing in our home not only cause he is the 3rd child and he has to keep up with our schedule, he has 2 sisters in his face and torturing him all the time, he can entertain and play by himself for so long like an hour while I am trying to get stuff done. He will talk and smile to anyone who just looks his way. If anyone talks to him, he will coo and just carry on a conversation like he has known them all his life.
This big ol chub-a-lub has grown leaps and bounds just in the last MONTH! From month 5 to month 6, I changed him into 9 months clothes. He went from 3 month clothes to 9 month clothes in less than 2 months! Crazy!!! He is wearing size 3 diapers, but I really could put him in 4's. He is just one solid dude.
He won't eat solids. He doesn't want anything to do with them. I thought once he could have some veggies or fruit with the cereal, he would love it. Nope. He still hated it. We will keep trying, but I am not pushing it on him too much. He drinks about 6 ounces ever 4 or so hours. He still is sleeping through the night and in our room still. We need to move him, but we need to figure out the girls first and we are waiting for Chez to get used to her big girl bed too.
One thing we have noticed about McCoy that our other kids haven't ever done - was this kid will laugh out loud ALL the time. If you tickle him, he will belly laugh. He likes to be "scared" and he will laugh and laugh. Or if you just play with him, he will laugh. Our girls would squirm if they got tickled or just smile when we would play with them. But McCoy just belly laughs. He is such a happy baby. He knows how to take his bink in and out and grab it off the ground and put it in. He is very coordinated with his hands and moving the object around how he wants it. He isn't really rolling a ton. I can still trust him on the couch. When he does roll, he rolls from his back to his belly always. He is pretty lazy about moving. He does like to roll onto his side a lot to watch when things are going on. He won't sit up. We try and try and he just doesn't want to do it. Some day soon. NO teeth yet. Dr. Black thinks he will have asthma too. He had bronchitis the first of February, and he said the way his lungs sound(while sick) I wouldn't be surprised if he has it too. Great! I just love that... Anyway... We just love this little stud in our home and think he is the greatest thing ever!!
His Stats
17.8 pounds - 50th percentile
27 inches - 65th percentile
head almost 17 inch - 28th percentile





Love this boy with everything we have!!!

No comments: