Monday, May 23, 2011

Farm Days 2011


Every other year in Blanding, all the ranchers, farmers, and whoever else put together a big ol' shin dig for the kiddos in the county. This was our first experience with Farm Days and I must say...I was pretty impressed. Aspyn was loving it even though she is around most of these animals every day, but she thought it was pretty neat to be able to pick them up and love on them. I think they didn't really intimidate her like they usually do everyday because most of the animals were either babies or little itsy bitys things. They had a hay ride, a petting zoo, square dancing area, lots of big farm tractors on display and other stuff. It was fun! The weather didn't really want to cooperate on Thursday, but Friday was pretty good. The best part is that Tyler was able to come with us so Aspyn and I were excited!!!!

Aspyn was done with the camera by the time we got off the hay ride.
In the cage with the baby pigs...courtesy of Justin putting her there.
Aspyn loved being in the cage with the baby chickens and turkeys.
Loving a little chick
Aspyn about to take a baby chick
Honking at the ducks
Mini goats
With a bunny
Justin put Aspyn in the cage with sheep for an up close and personal view.
She decided enough was enough.
Dad to the rescue
Oh, but she loved the cute little black lamb. So cute!
Jessie, Aspyn and Napoleon.

2 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Aw how fun! So cute too! Her hair is getting so long! She looks like a big sister already! (wow I use a lot of exclamation points!)

Ruth said...

What a cute girl!!! Gotta love a small town:) I bet she loved all the little animals just her size!