Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas!

I love love decorating for Christmas. We have been getting a "real" tree ever since we moved to Blanding. I love it. Anyway, here are a few pictures of us decorating. We kind of did it in spurts this year cause Tyler and I are both a little burned out from decorating our house, putting stuff away and completing projects so it took a few days to get decorated. BUT I am pleased to say we did get all the way decorated before December 1st so that is good.

Aspyn is LOVING the Christmas lights this year. She screams for us to stop and just sit on the side of the road if we go past a house that has lights on it. The Christmas tree is no different, we have to turn that thing on right when we get up and I can't turn it off till after she goes to bed. We even put a little tree in her room so she can have lights on. It has been really fun!!

And as of December 1st, I am completely ready for Christmas. I have all the shopping done. I love Christmas shopping for others. It is fun for me. I hope though that I always keep the true meaning of Christmas ahead of the hustle and bustle. I know it sure is hard to not think about presents and parties and all the other crap so it is a goal to really reflect on Christ, his life and everything that He has done for us.
Our little tree. I love having a ton of lights on the tree. So Tyler and I started putting them on the bottom and about half way through, ran out of lights. Hahaha..so we just started throwing them on. It is a terrible light job. We ran out of lights completely on the top, so we improvised and put a strand of red lights on to complete the job. Oh well. We tried.
I asked Aspyn to sit next to Chez so I could take a picture and this is what she did. Sat on top of her. Nice.
If you have noticed Aspyn's dress a lot, there is a reason. That will be a post all by itself. It needs its own explanation. A nice little picture of our girls.
The finished product.

No comments: