Friday, December 23, 2011

A quick trip up north...


Tyler had to go out to Colorado for a few days to bring cows home so I thought I would take advantage and head up north for a few days. There were a few purposes in going so it only made sense to drive my 2 small children on a 5 hour drive by myself. I didn't think anything of it, but other people sure did. They thought I was crazy! Whatever. So, the girls were fantastic in the car so we made good time.
Great Grandma Betty, Grandma Teresa and Aspyn and Chezney (I feel bad I never got a picture with Great Grandma Jean...I forgot to take the camera in...next time)
4 generation picture
Aspyn basically drug my mom out to swing even though it was freezing.
I knew Aspyn would love the Christmas lights and I didn't want to venture outside in the freezing with Chez, so Thanksgiving point was a perfect choice for us. We got to see a ton of fun lights and stay in the warm car!
I couldn't see Aspyn in the car and she didn't see that I was going to take a picture of her. This was just her face the whole time looking at lights. One happy lady!
They had some reindeer there. It was kinda cool. They are tiny little midgets though. I could have gotten on them and my feet would have hit the floor. But they were fun!
Aspyn and Mom checking out the reindeer
My mom could get Chezer to smile real good and Teresa was all upset that I wouldn't get my camera, so finally when I did....this was the best one we got. She was done talking by then. :)
Tyler surprised us and rode up with Kathryn on Friday. SO FUN!!! I had a Nicole and Tasha's baby shower to go to, so Aspyn and a bunch of boys went bowling. It was Aspyn's first time and needless to say it was a HIT!!! She talked about it for days.
Payton helping her throw her ball.
Watching it roll down the lane
Dang gutter ball!
But still watching it!
When they got home and after jammies were put on, Aspyn found Grandpa's boots.
Aspyn has to be read to before she goes to bed and then after you read, she will look at the pictures and read it again until she falls asleep. I had the books in the diaper bag so THIS is what Tyler gave her. The owner's manual to a gun of Davis'. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My poor little girl...
I didn't bring a crib for Chez becuase I just used my mom's while I was at her house but Michele didn't have one, so poor Chezer slept in her car seat. She didn't even notice or quit frankly care. But I still felt bad.

No comments: