Well, we took Aspyn to see Santa at the Tree for All. I was hoping for the one year older and wiser too to happen with liking Santa as she HATED him last year. Oh, Aspyn HATED him again this year. Holy Smokes. She was excited to see him from a far. She kept saying there's Santa mom! Well, when we were within 3 feet of him, she started whimpering saying "my don't yike Santa." I kept telling her he had a treat for her. It didn't work. Well, it was our turn. Tyler tried to take her up there and she started screaming no! no! no! I am pretty sure the whole place heard her....she was screaming it. So, I wanted a picture at least. So I gave poor Santa Chezney who could have cared less who was holding her and grabbed Aspyn from Tyler. I walked towards Santa and she was trying to get away. I sat down next to Santa and was trying to turn Aspyn around. Well, she thought I was trying to get her off of me and by Santa. She literally wrapped her legs around me and her arms around my neck and wouldn't let go. I was pushing her stomach out and her legs and arms wouldn't budge. All this time, she was screaming no! no! no! while I was laughing. When I got up, Santa said to her, "would you like a candy cane?" Aspyn immediately stops crying and says in this pouty voice...yes. Then she grabs the candy cane as if nothing ever happened and said"tank-ju" and walks off all excited about her treat.

This little girl LOVES LOVES to dance. So this is Aspyn out in the middle of the gym getting her groove on in front of a hundred people or more not caring one bit. I wasn't about to make her come stand over by me to wait in line for Santa. I have totally become one of those mom's that I said I WOULD NEVER BE. Aspyn was out in the middle of the gym without an adult right there. I always hated those parents that just let their kids run around like banshees with no supervision. Yes, I totally let Aspyn do that but I had my eye on her the WHOLE time and any time she started to wander, Tyler went and got her. I see no reason to make am impatient 2 year old stand in line when she is perfectly content dancing to her own beat, minding her own business. I guess I have gone into survival mode.




Love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment