Monday, June 25, 2012

"Prair-ee Gog" Hunting

             Tyler and Aspyn "Prair-ee gog" hunting at the field. Aspyn would yell "there's one is dad! Shoot it! Let's do it!" She was so excited when Tyler got a couple. She would yell and clap for him "Good job dad! You did it! You got it!"

Well, I have officially crossed over to the other side of the fence. I did something the other day, I thought I would NEVER in A MILLION years do. Feel free to judge me at this moment, I am OK with it. But realize that for me trying to fight an almost 3 year old is much more exhausting. I did age 4 years in worrying though. Literally.

I had to go visiting teaching a couple of weeks ago and all my babysitters were out of town. So I recruited the only kids I could think of to watch my 2 children. So I asked my two nephews Dylan(12) and Davis(14). They both adore my kids, so it didn't bother me one bit to leave them. They are both responsible and treat my girls like gold. They were in good hands. I went visiting teaching and came home to happy girls. Good sign.

I needed to pay these squirts so I took them to lunch. Good sign. We had a great lunch and shared a bunch of laughs and the boys were very helpful at lunch. A fortune to take two teenage boys to lunch, but hey good times. Good sign.

The boys were heading to the field to go Prairie Dog hunting and when Aspyn caught wind they were going to the field, there was nooooo turning back. She was bound and determined to go. Oh I was stressed. So...I took them to the field and Grandpa was there. I talked to him for a second and told him what Aspyn wanted to do. Keith thought it was crazy that I wasn't going to let her come. Seriously...let my 3 year old going Praire Dog hunting with a 12 year old, a 14 year old and a 72 year old oblivious man supervising. 

So I thought and I stewed what to do...Chezney was exhausted so after much talking to these boys that were really barking out sergeant orders...I left Aspyn in the hands of these mighty hunters for a half an hour. I went home, but Chezney to bed and drove right back down to the field. I couldn't find them anywhere. Not a good sign. Then I finally found them driving around in the field picking up newly cut hay. I drove down and all I got was flack from Keith cause I came back to get my daughter. Keith said "She is having the time of her life right now, leave her alone!" Then Aspyn started freaking out when I went to get her. She said "No, mom! My "prair-ee gog" hunting with Davus and Dlwin and Papa!!!...my not go home!" So here is another eithical dilemma...do I leave my child here to let her help Papa and the boys with Hay and prairie dog hunt or do I yank her out of there. The boys had her carrying the "pack-pack" full of ammunition. She thought her life had been fufilled by this job. LOL. Anyway, I left her. Oh my. Sigh... Good sign or bad sign?.. I am still trying to decide.

I ran into David who was going to the field and I gave him instructions too. He was to watch out for Aspyn and not to let her die a slow death. This was about 1:30 in the afternoon. Well, after stressing and worrying and stressing some more...I calmed down a bit. I called David about 3pm and asked about the status of my daughter. He said "ohp!, I hear gun shots!" My heart sank a little bit but he was like she is fine and having the time of her life. Good sign.

Well, I went to go down there to pick her up and take some pictures of this mighty hunter with her cousins...but Shawn had been to the field and Aspyn wasn't about to let him leave without him taking her. So I got a call from Kathryn...not Keith or Davis or Dylan or David for that matter letting me know where my child was. It was a bit annoying to me that the boys didn't call but oh well. She was at Kathryn's safe and sound. Later that night...all she could talk about was "Prair-ee Gog" hunting with Davus, Dlwin and Papa. She was pumped and Tyler was pleased she was so happy about it. Good Sign. I guess...

(Only in Blanding is this story acceptable)

(I am sure I would have CPS called on me anywhere else.)

***And I don't know why Aspyn was calling them "Prair-ee GOGS. She says DOGS just fine...I wonder if she thought that is what we were calling them.

***The picture above is about a week after this story happened. I wanted a picture to go with the story since I couldn't get one of the main event.


No comments: