Friday, September 28, 2012

Mini Cheer Camp 2012

I signed Aspyn up for a little mini cheer camp fundraiser put on by the cheerleaders. Three days, dancing and learning cheers with real high school cheerleaders almost put Aspyn over the edge! SHE LOVED IT...to say the least. She asked everyday during the three days when it was going to start. Seriously like every hour. It was so fun for her! I would ask her what she did and to show me the dance. Well, she did this move and said see mom. I thought, this kid is making this move up! Well, when it all boiled down, I am the mother of the year! The kid was totally doing the dance and I didn't believe her. I recognized the move right as she did it and I totally felt bad. I never her told her I didn't believe her, I just felt bad for not believing her. Adison and the two Sadie's were in there with her, so that was fun to have some buddies! She wants to know when she is cheering again! She marches around the house yelling GO SJH! GO BRONCOS!!!! So cute.

The day of...
Showing off her moves
We did her hair just like the cheerleaders...with bows and all.
I snuck in for the first practice to get some pictures. They were I guess learning other girls
Then they got in this big circle and of course a couple seconds later, Aspyn broke rank cause she thought she didn't need her flips.
little circle
and blow out to a big circle for stretches



Once I got caught, I was outta there. I didn't want to distract her game.


I did get a pic of the two squirts though.
Aspyn got to perform for half time at the high school football game. Boy was SHE PUMPED!!!! She kept asking every play when the boys would run off to the sideline, "Ok! The boys leaving?! My go down to the field now?" Cause Tyler had told her once the football players had left, Mom would take her down. She was so excited, not ONE bit nervous even when I dropped her off she didn't look back. She just took off with Taylor rocked her thing. I loved it. I was totally as excited as she was. So fun to have girls!

Look at that grin! She is so happy.
Our favorite cheerleader...Taylor
Doing her cheer. This is where they were actually chanting a cheer. Aspyn is trying her dangdest to keep up.

Here is the dance part.


Then before I knew it, Taylor had taken Aspyn over to the tunnel to watch the football players run out. I thought for sure Aspyn was going to bolt across to me and die a slow death, but she stayed still and looked a little nervous when the boys came running out.
My favorite part of the night, we were walking out and Aspyn was a head of me TOTALLY on cloud nine...just loving life and she turns around to me and says "Mom, I was awesome! I did soo great!" I laughed so hard. It totally made my night.




No comments: