Monday, March 10, 2014

McCoy is 7 months!

This sweet little (I mean physically big, but still little in age) guy is 7 months!!! I took this on his 7th month day (February 21st). He weighs 18 pounds, 4 ounces. I had to take him into the clinic - which he tested positive for Influenza A (lame...but he handled it so great that I can't complain and it gives me ammo to keep getting our family the flu shot every year). I came home and weighed Chezney, she weighed 22 pounds, 4 ounces. So this little fatty who is 7 months, weighs 4 pounds exactly less that his sister who is 2 years older then him! 
Coy HATES baby food with every fiber of his being. I have tried just plain multi-grain cereal, oatmeal, rice cereal, veggies - in all flavors, and fruit - in all flavors...when his is starving, first thing in the morning, at night, just whenever randomly for the heck of it....NOTHING! He spits it out. He gags on it. He protests it. He pushes the spoon away. He won't touch it. At least he is growing, but come on man! eat some food!!! He still drinks a 6 ounce bottle. Has two solid good naps a day and is still sleeping through the night...what more is a mom to ask of!?
Now that I am doing this post, we are 11 days away from his 8 month mark. He is cutting his bottom two teeth. You can see the holes in his gums and he is just trying to chew and slobber on anything. He has had a few rough nights because of them, but nothing Tylenol can't handle. I can't wait to see them pop through adn see if he will have Aspyn teeth (big ol gaps) or Chezy teeth (crossing over each other). I love the anticipation...so fun! 
Funny story - last night, we were at Keith and DeAnn's and he was over there ripping them up. He has the manliest farts in the world and some of the nastiest smelling ones too. Tyler checked him, and he had finally worked out his business. Well, becuase he was laying down to do it, and when I went to lay him down, it just squished out and all over the carpet. I finally figured it out and starting yelling for help...well once the smell hit everyone's noses...Shawn was gagging with watery eyes, Justin was sitting in his truck trying to breath and DeAnn was yelling he had pooped on the carpet. Once we got the stain out and him cleaned up (with McCoy peeing on Nicole) we pretty much had to repaint the walls cause it was in the walls...but it will make for a good story. McCoy literally cleared the room he was so rank. We told everyone that is what we have to deal with on a regular basis!!
McCoy loves to still be tickled and has the girliest scream when being tickled. I feel like he just found his voice. He has known its been there for awhile, but now he is in fluxing it and using different tones of his voice and also different pitches and so forth. I feel like he is starting to "talk." 
McCoy is still is wearing size 3 diapers, although I think he could move into a 4. But we still have a big box left, so we will keep him in those till e grows out of them. He is still wearing 9 month clothes, but those are starting to get tight. I am trying to hold him out for all of his 12 month clothes cause they are all warm weather ones, so I have to hold him just a little bit longer.
He is still the happiest clam ever and has started wrestling with Daddy and loves it! And he is discovering his facial expressions....which I LOVE!!!! So fun to watch them. He loves the 4-wheeler. He just closes his eyes and smiles on it. He loves to be outside and watching Tyler's dogs.







I love love love his little dimples. Not prominent ones, but still dimples.
The night before this little varmit turned 7 months, he decided he was going to sit up. We had been working and working on his stomach muscles - but I guess he just had to decide to do it. He sits up like a champ for long periods of time and rarely tips over. He can move around in 360 degrees, so it has been fun to watch his motor skills starting to work and see him learning new things all the time. I love this stage when they can sit up. They just get more fun and more to me from here on out.


Loooooove you baby!

No comments: