So on February 28th, Chez decided she was DONE with diapers. DONE! We had been practicing just randomly over the past couple of months and she had went both pee and poo on the potty but we never did anything consistent to where I would put her in panties and we would trial run it. I was going to wait a little bit longer just to get passed Branding and stuff but NO!!! Chez had a different agenda. On Friday the 28th, she woke up and said she wanted to go potty on the big girl potty...so I let her and she went. Aspyn and I of course clapped and cheered and carried on. Well, I went to put her diaper on and she freaked. I mean FREAKED! I wasn't even mentally prepared for it, let alone didn't even wake up with the inkling of a thought that I would be potty training my child that day. So I pulled up my big girl panties and say Alrighty! Let's do this! On Saturday, we couldn't find her and I thought holy crap...she is off going potty somewhere. Well, guess what?! She was!!! In the potty! I found her sitting on the potty and when she say me, she yelled I went poo mom!!!! I was so freaking shocked. I couldn't believe it. So for the next couple of days, Aspyn was the greatest sister in the whole world and ask her all the time if she needed to go. Then Aspyn would take her and get her on the potty and let me know she had gone. We had a few accidents, but like 3 in 2 1/2 days. I was pretty stinking excited. Well, here comes Monday and Chez didn't sleep very good. She was a bear...a grizzly bear. She had more accidents in that day, then the whole weekend. I thought oh man we have pushed it. But after a good nap, and a good night she was back at it being so great! I wanted her to tell me when she needed to go cause she had recognized the sensation of needing to go and I didn't want to have to ask her all the time...so we went to the store and she picked out her favorite treat...gum of course. So every time she would tell me she had to go potty, and went on the toilet, she got gum. It was a miracle worker. It worked so well that from last Monday a week ago, we have not had one accident. She went to school and church with panties on and told her teachers she needed to go. She thinks her "potty gum" is the greatest ever. We have been through 3 packs of gum already. It is a dream. Last week when she would go poo, she would always say when she was done. "I'ne not done yet, I gotta make more poo!" Anyway, she woke up dry from night time and naps totally dry and would tell us every time we would walk in the door that she was dry. So last night we let her sleep in her big girl panties and she woke up DRY! Dry from her nap today too! What a good, girl she is!!! She is so quick and can do just about anything when she sets her mind to it. Her latest phrase that she says when she needs to go poo in specific is "I tryin to go potty in my panties" but she means "I am not trying to go potty in my panties." I love that my tiny 22. 6 as of this morning and 2 foot something tiny little 2 1/2 year old officially on March 19th, is sleeping in a big girl bed and potty trained (I would say she is still potty training in the sense that she will probably have a few accidents, but I would say she knows what she is doing and is awesome!!!!) What a big big girl and it is SOOOOOOO fabulous to be done with 2 out of the 3 obstacles at this age. Now for the bink....
 |
| Chez in her big girl panties...and boy is she proud of them!!! |
 |
| We had lots of "naked" days of strictly panties cause that's all she wanted to wear. |
 |
| She loves her panties so much, she found some on the couch and put them on over her panties. So funny! |
 |
| Just a random picture...but wanted to show how much of a weirdo she is :). I just found her in Aspyn's room playing in the toy box all by herself. |
No comments:
Post a Comment