Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I don't wish this on anyone...

If you have had a spit up baby, than you know what I am talking about. I am not talking about a little dribble spit up, so don't take offense when I say you don't understand. I mean the soak the baby clothes, the mom's clothes, the towel, the couch and the blanket in one single spit up. That would be our little Chezney Cheesecake. I cannot even believe what comes out of this girl's mouth. I do not feed her the amount that comes out. It is unbelievable. She will spit up from the time I feed her, to two hours after I feed her and 10 minutes before I feed her the next time. This is not small amounts. This is LARGE amounts. I seriously want to punch the mom's in the face that say oh, my baby is the worst spit up-er! And then I watch the kid spit up a tiny bit and I am thinking to myself, oh ya. I will take that kid any day of the week and twice on Fridays...you just spend 4 hours with Chezney and quit your bitchin. I get a little passionate about this because seriously..I am up to my ears in soy and throw up every minute. I know there are worse babies out there. Our friends in Arizona had a terrible time with their little man. But still...I can complain. I just have to ride out the wave and it seems never ending. Our house, car, clothes, carpet is a shroom of soy smell. Its terrible...but I am so immune. I can't smell it. We are switching her back to just plain old sensitive formula. Soy obviously didn't help the spitting up and I am just sick of the smell. Sorry for my venting. It had to come out.

For example: Last Friday, I washed all of Chezney's clothes. Later that night, as I was folding them in the 20 minutes I was taking...We went through 2 burp cloths. Soaked burp cloths...not just a little wet. Soaked. On Sunday, I had to change Chez into 5, yes 5 different outfits. Each one of the old outfits was completely dripping with throw up before I changed it, it wasn't like she would get a little barf on her shirt and I would change it. I could see her belly button through her clothes and then I would change them. I feel like a bad mom sometimes that appears like I don't care about my baby, but I am so exhausted and tired of throw up..I just can't keep up with her. I try. But literally...I change her and then 41 seconds later...the new shirt is drenched again.
I realized on Friday evening when my spray and wash was gone, that I went through 166 ounces in 2 1/2 weeks. I have to spray everything good or else it stains and then ruins clothes and why throw away perfectly good clothes. To spray one load of Chezney's clothes takes me 15 minutes. It's perfectly pathetic. I hate it. (I went through all of those burp clothes in 2 1/2 days)
So I did all of her laundry (her blankets, her 22 burp cloths and her clothes) on Friday. This was what Saturday and Sunday brought. I did this laundry on Monday. It is seriously exhausting.


Aspyn spit up. It doesn't hold a prayer to Chezney, but Aspyn did throw up. It took Aspyn 9 freaking months to stop. So I have another 5 more months of hell. Serious. If our next kid throws up like Chez. We are DONE. PERIOD. END. FINISHED.

2 comments:

Janice Twitchell said...

Lacey, Cambri was the exact same way. Loads of spit would come out every time! We went through at least 3-5 outfits a day and mounds of burp cloths & blankies too. I totally feel your pain! My cousins baby was even worse than that. You might want to get her checked out? The opening to her stomach could not be closing all the way and causing it to come back up. That's what was up with my cousins baby. Is she on acid reflux meds?
As for the laundry, I have a homemade spray n'wash recipe that works wonders on basically everything. Baby poop. Gone. Tyler comes home with cow poop and who knows what cuz we know how our hubby's are...gone. It seriously is amazing! Love it! All you do is add 1 c. water, 1 c. cheap dishwashing soap like joy or something like that, the cheap kind seems to work best, but sometimes I use dawn. and then 1 c. ammonia. Mix it together in one of your old spray n' wash bottles and have at your cloths. On the bad stains, just spray then scrub a little. It stinks to high heaven cuz of the ammonia (I'm immune to it now-can't smell it), but lasts me longer and is MUCH CHEAPER (Like $.50 for a whole bottle) to make. Good luck! Hopefully she grows out of it soon. :)

Melissa said...

I hear you! ALL of my kids were the exact same way. Nothing I could do about it. We kept a blanket on our couch at all times so the kids wouldn't ruin it. It usually got better around 8-9 months. Crazy. They gained weight. It didn't stop that. Lyla was on acid reflux meds, but it didn't help the throwing up, it did make her happier though. For our family it wasn't a medical problem, it was a laundry problem. Hang in there and