In Juneau, we got off and hopped on to another boat to go whale
watching! My parents were suppose to come with us, but my dad ended up
having to go back to the ship cause he wasn't feeling too good. So my
mom hopped on the bus and away we went. We saw the Mendenhall Glacier
from the boat, a pretty big glacier right in the middle of town. We were
also driving down the road and I was like "Hey, Hun! There is a bear!"
Sure enough, there was a black bear just hanging out in the middle of
town eating up so grub on the side of the road. I saw so many joggers
and walkers out, I thought...How would it be to go out for a run and
turn the corner right into a freakin bear! Anyway, after the whale
watching tour, we went and got some King Crab legs from the little shack
that all the "Deadliest Catch" captains have been to and support and I
had a leg and a half of king crab that was the best leg and a half of
king crab I have ever tasted. It was seriously amazing!!! I love crab.
Oh how I love crab. We saw a bunch of eagles in town. Juneau wasn't very
big. I guess if you drive 20 miles outside of town on each side of the
town, there is a sign that says dead end. And literally it is a dead
end, it just goes into a hill. Funny. Not many houses and what not
just enough to get by.

It was funny to watch every day 4-5 workers trying to get by dad off the boat. My dad couldn't understand why the workers were breathing so hard after. He also couldn't understand why my mom would give them a tip either. He just thought everything was hunky dory cause he didn't actually have to do the labor himself.
On the whale watching boat
Some sea lions just hanging out.
Mendenhall Glacier
A really pretty light house that still is in operation
My mom LOVES light houses
And then there were whales...
This boat literally was within 10 years of this pod of 4-5. It was SO cool to watch them because the whales were really active, but we really couldn't see cause this dang boat was in out way.
We saw a ton of bald eagles. They were so pretty.
We wanted to do a dog sledding excursion, but the price was RIDICULOUS!!! Anyway, I also did feel bad that I would be making these "little" dogs be pushing me. In books and movies and what not, I at least pictured these little dogs. Oh was I wrong. They are stinkin HUGE!!! This dog is in training right now and the thing is stinkin NINE MONTHS old. It nearly came up to my waist. It was huge. It was sooo pretty too. But it did scare me a little, it was just a bit intimidating.
This cracked me up. This was the "airport." I think the commercial airport is somewhere else, but this is where the float plane airport is. So we sat and watched planes take off and taxi back into town. It was fun.
The sun came out for a few minutes, but mostly it was cloudy and cold in Juneau. We were there on July 2nd and that night, the town was going to be celebrating the 4th of July, because it would be the darkest night of the year up there, so they were going to do the city fourth of July fireworks on the 2nd of July at around 11 pm. I wanna go back and get more CRAB!!!! YUMMY!!!! :)





























No comments:
Post a Comment