Thursday, July 19, 2012

What we missed while we were gone...

We missed a HUGE LANDMARK while we were away on our trip to Alaska. Tyler and I thought maybe Chezy would hold out for us to get home, but of course, she didn't. Chezney started crawling on the 5th of July!!!! (she was 9 1/2 months) I was so sad and couldn't believe I missed my baby crawling by 2 stinkin days! Michele said she got Chez out of her bed and was playing with her in the family room and it was like she just woke up and knew what she was doing. She just starting crawling everywhere. She figured out to crawl good enough that when she spotted Heston and he toy or bink, she crawled right over and just snatched it from him. I can't believe we are 2 for 2 on raising bullies!!! :) Anyway, it was so so fun to see her crawling when we got home. She was so stinkin close when we left, we figured she would be when we got home, but was hoping she would hold out. Anyway, she is crawling all of the house. She is still pretty slow but really steady. If she sees something she wants, man, she goes for it.

She also figured out how to clap her hands, I know I said in the earlier post she would bat them together, but she figured out how to actually spread her hands apart and make a sound. That trick is my most favorite one. I love to watch babies clap. They said that she figured it out when she saw everyone clapping for her when she started clapping. On command like Pavlov's dog, you can say YEAH!!! and Chez will start clapping. It is so cute.

Yesterday, I taught her how to give kisses. She loves giving kisses!!! Not to mention, its just like Aspyn did and gives full on tongue kisses...She just sticks her tongue out and wiggles it around your lips and mouth. I love it!! So slobbery. You just have to make the kiss-ey sound and she will head right for you mouth and stick her tongue in there. HAHAHA
Aspyn's hurtie that she sustained from Colorado. That is the first thing she showed us with concern in her voice when she say us for the first time. 
Chez clapping



And Chezy crawling all over. I wish I could put it on video to put it on my blog, but since you can't print out videos, a moving snapshot will work.













Her sad little legs. I hate when babies start crawling, because their skin isn't tough enough so it is just perma red and sad.
Chez was also SOOO close to being able to pick up cheerios and what not before we left. Well, when we got home, man she was a champ! She loves sitting in her high chair and eating cereal!!! She usually double fists it trying to get a slew of them in her mouth.
We are so stinking proud of this little girl!!! Next thing you know, she will be walking!!! So scary!
We also missed the 4th of July...which happens to be my favorite holiday. So I was pretty sad. Michele did what I asked and took some pictures for me. I don't have one just of Aspyn...Kathryn took one, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway...they sure had fun this year.



Watching the fireworks. Aspyn of course LOVED them as usual, but I was curious to see how Chez would react to them. Michele said she didn't cry that she just watched them very intently and would blink a little when they would light up brightly and squint her eyes.

Then of course there is the trek to Colorado to move cows to the forest. Aspyn is nakey because she went swimming so they stripped her down.



I guess Aspyn rode with Jessie pushing cows for like 2 hours and love every second of it. So fun!

Wish we could have been there for all the fun...but we had fun of our own! :)

No comments: