Monday, April 21, 2014

Ballroom Indian Ruins

The other day, Tyler and I took our kids and Taylor and her boy toy Payton Palmer out for a hike to see The Ballroom Indian Ruins and Tower House Ruins (it has a freakin crazy ladder to get to it). The weather was so nuts with tornado force winds...but we ain't no sissies! So we braved the weather and got in the canyon and it was a perfect day for a hike. It even got hot! We were glad we had Payton and Taylor with us. They kept track of one or sometimes two of the girls at all times. I packed the fatty the whole time - so I was pretty slow. What a fun day and some SAH-WEET ruins!!!!!


It just amazes me that the Indians would build their homes in these huge canyons up so high! Didn't they worry about their 18 month olds dying!?!?!

That's my brave girl!

That's my handsome boy!

We stopped to show Payton and Tay the dinosaur bones



The ruins are in these huge caves that go back and back and then have other little rooms for different things they would do. (dances, storage, meeting rooms and probably a room to smoke their good stuff)

A room that went back and back




I still can't believe McCoy slept on the way back. His sleeping in any place or position STILL  just kills me!! I love it!





Family photo!
That's my daring girl!




No comments: