Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My boy is 9 months!

The jump from 8 to 9 months as been STINKING NUTS!!!! McCoy turned 9 months last Monday and I took all these pictures with the intent to blog - but then I tell you for real that EVERYDAY during that week he would do something that I wanted to record down so I just waited a week to see if he was all "done growing up for the week!!" McCoy started his transition to 9 months by reaching for people. He might not have even smiled at them or talked to them - but if he wanted to be held by them - he would reach for them (that happened to Bishop Boyd). He started recognizing his family (especially Tyler and I as mommy and daddy). McCoy gets waaaay excited when he sees Tyler and I (especially Tyler). He starts kicking his feet and squealing with delight. It melts my heart. He still wears size 4 diapers. The Easter Bunny brought him shirts in size 12 months and that was a dumb idea! He should have brought size 18 months. He just has some sweet muscle onesies now. His hair is still the darkest out of all our babies and those blue eyes are to die over! He still doesn't and won't ever look like my girls (all my kids have different looks) but he definitely looks Ivins. He still laughs hard on a dime!
So now I have to share what he did in the week he turned 9 months! Monday( 9 month day): decided he would eat food. I thought "I'll try it again today...he is freakin 9 months old today...seriously!" Well - he decided rice and a veggie wasn't such a bad combo. Wednesday: He figured out how to go from his belly to sitting all the way up on his bum. He can now go from his back, rolling over to his belly, scoot all the way back and roll up enough to the sitting position. Saturday: started crawling while the babysitter was here!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Thankfully she has a smart phone and caught it for me. We were only gone for 2 hours so I don't feel like we missed him crawling - like it was still new for him but technically we did miss his first time crawling AND Chez's 1st time crawling AND walking!!! I felt horrible for all three. Sunday: he FINALLY to the complete joy in my heart starting saying MAMA! MAMA! He will just mumble it to himself or tell me all the time. I try and get him to say it alllll the time now. I love it! He also on Grandma's house was trying to climb to the couch. I will definitely be pushing him down for awhile. I can't handle him standing up to things yet...he is my baby! What an eventful 6 days for McCoy!!! What a big boy! And so fun for our family to watch him learn new things and turn into a boy - not a baby. The girls have just died and gone to Heaven with all this excitement!




So it is a little hard to get pictures now that he thinks he can move and groove everywhere






He has been getting up onto his hands and knees for about a week. He can't quite get his left foot out from underneath him, but he is getting close. He moves his hands out as far as he can, but he hasn't figured out how to move his feet with them. Just getting into position here.
Update
McCoy is crawling!!! After I took the pictures up top - he figure it out and took off. That was in 5 days.
The first 24 hours - he had to cry every time we wanted him to crawl for us to try and get sympathy from us. It didn't work. He was our entertainment to watch him be a big boy and crawl.
Here he goes!


Diving reach
And the prize!
He has also decided that he will eat food - so I had to bust out the high chair cause he was wrecking my world sitting in his bumbo.




I wanted to get an updated picture on his bottom 2 teeth. They have come in nicely.
What a big BIG BIIIIIIIG boy McCoy is!!!!!! Oh how we love this kid to pieces.

No comments: